Community Appreciation Festival
May 2817253 Chipeta Road, Montrose, CO
Join the Ute Indian Museum for a day of community appreciation, including Indigenous vendors, fry bread, museum store specials, a bounce house, free admission and more! See the day's schedule below.
- 10 am: Silent auction opens
- 10 am-noon: Kids activities, petroglyph carving and more
- 10 am-1 pm: Handprint banner painting in memory of Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women
- 11-noon: Etnobotany garden tour, Pine pitch salve making, Fudgesicles & popsicles
- Noon-12:45 pm: Film screening on Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women
- 1 pm: Gregg Deal (Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe) challenges Western perceptions of Indigenous people, touching on issues of race, history and stereotypes.
- 3 pm: Silent auction closes