Colorado Adventure Parks
Many people come to Colorado for adventure, and Adventure Parks top that experience off. Adventure Parks in Colorado are amazing because they have been incorporated into the natural mountain landscape. Using mountainous terrain and features to help peek the thrill of rides and awe-inspiring experiences. Various choices of Adventure Parks are spread across Colorado, and due to their popularity, aspects of Adventure Parks are popping up or are mixed in with other types of adventure.
Featured Adventure Parks
The Royal Gorge Bridge and Park near Cañon City is renowned for their featured attraction, the highest suspension bridge in North America. However, this park features several thrill-seeking rides and experiences. Here’s the list:
- Royal Rush Skycoaster – is literally a giant swing that momentarily peaks out at 1,200 feet above the Arkansas River (the Royal Gorge) before sweeping back down at 50 mph.
- Via Ferrata – a guided climbing adventure that leads visitors through massive granite walls on a cable system overlooking the Royal Gorge.
- Cloudscraper Zip Line – soar above the roaring Arkansas River via state-of-the-art harnesses and braking system.
- Aerial Gondola Ride – Glide across the Royal Gorge in a Poma-Leitner Gondola car. The gondola ride is included with your General Admission ticket.
- Tommy Knocker Playland – with slides, ropes, 20-foot towers, tunnels, and a splash pad, this playground is a kid’s dream come true.
- Water Clock – check out the historical replica.
Plaza Theater – explore the roots of the Bridge and Park while taking a journey into the past.
Royal Gorge rafting and Zipline Tours
Whitewater rafting in the Arkansas River or through the Royal Gorge is a huge attraction and a stand-alone thrill-seeking adventure. Some companies feature combo packages such as Royal Gorge Rafting and Zipline Tours. This company maximizes your fun by keeping these experiences headquartered out of the same location, the Adventure Hub.
Alpenglow Adventure Tours
Alpenglow Adventure Train Tours specializes in beginning and ending your tour right from your door. Planning your adventure via Alpenglow means choosing between Colorado’s top scenic train rides: the Georgetown Loop Railroad, the Zephyr Tour, or the Royal Gorge Railroad Tour, and receiving 25% Off your group ticket price.
Edge Zipline and Adventure Park
This outdoor adventure center is located near Denver (Castle Rock, CO.) and features 4 popular attractions.
- Ziplines – 10 fast and long, thrilling zipline cables
- Sky Trek – a 4-story aerial trekking course. Come check out the 110 unique elements from simple to full-fledged daredevil achievements. The ultimate jungle gym experience for kids and adults.
- Adventure Tower – gear up to scale the wall or test your nerve with various free falls. Check out 13 thrilling elements.
- Ninja Course – challenge yourself to a test of speed, agility, and endurance. Their course features 6 levels.
Find Adventure Parks
Adventure Parks in Colorado are in motion as they continue to pop up in various locations and combine man-made features and natural settings. Learn more about Colorado’s best thrill rides.
If you are in or traveling by Glenwood Springs, CO., stop at Glenwood Caverns. This mountain-top park goes year-round with various thrill-seeking rides, a scenic gondola, and cave tours.
Popular Resort Towns Adventure Parks
Adventure parks or elements of adventure parks are becoming more and more prevalent in Colorado’s popular resort towns. This is especially true for ski resort base areas. You can anticipate to find any assortment of the following during the summer months:
- Scenic gondola rides or chairlift rides. In addition to the scenic ride, many access mountain-top parks with various challenges for kids and adults. Hiking trails or guided tours are often available along with mountain-top dining.
- Lift service mountain biking has become a mainstay for resorts in the summertime. Bike and gear rentals, along with shops, are always close by. Sign up for lessons, tours, or bike demos.
Activity Centers – Mini Adventure Parks
Typical Ski Resort Base Area summertime attractions are activity centers or mini-adventure parks. Many have attractions such as:
- Mountain coasters – rail-supported or track mountain coaster rides that wind through spectacular mountain scenery.
- Bungee trampoline setups – strap in and flip out on a fantastic high-tech trampoline.
- Mini golf courses – fun with the gang while sharpening your putting.
- Gem Panning – a keep-what-you-find assimilation of panning for precious gem stones.
- Ropes and challenge course jungle gyms.
- Climbing walls – challenge yourself on a fabricated climbing wall.
Mar 10Montrose Pavilion Event Center, 1800 Pavilion Drive, Montrose, CO
In celebration of company’s 15th Anniversary Season, entitled Invocation, Denver’s nationally acclaimed Zikr D
Mar 102344 E. Iliff Ave., Denver, CO
Okareka Dance is one of the leading contemporary Maori (indigenous) dance companies in New Zealand. Their iconic work Ma
Mar 12 - Mar 144250 Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Rd., Colorado Springs, CO
Explore the Zoo with your four-legged family member at Dog Days at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo! CMZoo is welcoming guests and
Mar 13Bell Brothers Brewing, 114 N Tejon St., #100, Colorado Springs, CO
Calling all artists and beer lovers! Join us for a special St. Paddy’s Brushes and Brews class at our brewery on M
Mar 132344 E Iliff Ave, Denver, CO
$5 for reserved parterre, or general admission Complimentary parking Directed by Joseph Martin, the Lamont Wind Ensemble
Mar 14 - Mar 181 Lake Ave, Colorado Springs, CO
It won’t cost a cent to see more than $100 million of historic, rare money including a million-dollar penny, and learn
Mar 14First United Methodist Church, 1421 Spruce St., Boulder, CO
The University of Notre Dame Men’s Glee Club will appear at Boulder United Methodist Church, 1421 Spruce St. on Thursd
Mar 142344 E Iliff Ave, Denver, CO
Free admission, no ticket required Ensembles vary in size from duos to octets, and we especially emphasize collaboration
Mar 15ATLAS building, room 100 University of Colorado Boulder Campus, Boulder, CO
Join the Center of the American West for presentations from three writers with innovative multimedia projects that chall