Travel to Cañon City, Colorado
Tucked into the folds and bluffs of the Arkansas Valley in south central Colorado, Cañon City boasts the nickname of “The Climate Capital of Colorado” due to the mild climate. The relaxed pace of the region’s quaint small towns, spectacular scenery, year-round outdoor activities, The Royal Gorge Park & Bridge, and The Arkansas River, which flows through the region, make this the perfect vacation destination. Request a FREE Vacation Guide.
Favorite Things to Do in the Royal Gorge Region
- Royal Gorge Bridge and Park – a must-see and do experience. Cross America’s highest suspension bridge and participate in the other features offered at the park.
- Whitewater rafting through the Royal Gorge Canyon – a very popular way to see and experience all the wonders of the Royal Gorge Canyon and the Arkansas River.
- Jeep Tours – The Royal Gorge Region is an amazing place to travel through. Featuring a high alpine desert landscape and a plethora of off-road routes.
- Royal Gorge Scenic Train – climb onboard the original transcontinental passenger train from the early 1900s.
- The Winery at Holy Cross Abbey – voted “Best Front Range Tasting Room” by Colorado Vine. The wine-tasting room is open daily.
- Mountain Biking & Hiking – are understated activities but many exceptional miles of trails await.
About Canon City and Regional Attractions
Family fun starts with a memorable ride on the Royal Gorge Route Railroad, one of the most scenic train rides in the world. The historic tracks follow the Arkansas River through the Royal Gorge Canyon, with views of the bridge from below. The whole family will enjoy exploring the unique rock formations and historic dinosaur sites. Leisure seekers will delight in the one-of-a-kind galleries, renowned antiquing, wine tasting, golfing, and fishing.
Cañon City is home to The Royal Gorge, which has a width of 50 feet at the base of the gorge and a few hundred feet at its top, with a depth of 1,200 feet; the 10-mile-long canyon is a stunning natural wonder. 1929, one of the world’s highest suspension bridges was built over the Grand Gorge. The Royal Gorge Bridge has a quarter-mile long span and hangs 1,053 feet above the gorge. The bridge is one of Colorado’s most popular attractions.
Feb 27114 N Tejon St., #100, Colorado Springs, CO
Join us for a Super Smash Bros. Tournament at Bell Brothers Brewing, with prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place! Here’
Mar 012344 E. Iliff Ave., Denver, CO
The Joshua Redman Quintet is an all-star band featuring some of Redman’s lifelong friends and partners in music. The R
Mar 02417 West Magnolia Street, Fort Collins, CO
Experience the divine spark of genius that shines brightly and beautifully in this 18th century pinnacle composition: Wo
Mar 102344 E. Iliff Ave., Denver, CO
Okareka Dance is one of the leading contemporary Maori (indigenous) dance companies in New Zealand. Their iconic work Ma
Apr 122908 S Timberline Road, Fort Collins, CO
Spend an evening immersed in the memorable music of Hollywood’s Silver Screen. From the iconic themes of “007 James
Apr 192344 E Iliff Ave, Denver, CO
Celebrating György Ligeti’s centennial, TAKT Trio presents the composer’s Trio for Violin, Horn, and Piano,
May 02 - May 192700 Arapahoe St, Denver, CO
SYNOPSIS When Eric, an overeducated and underemployed professor, begins researching the history of his father Rex’s pr
May 032344 E Iliff Ave., Denver, CO
The seven-time Grammy award-winning Maria Schneider Orchestra has been hailed by critics as “evocative, majestic, magi
May 10 - May 13777 Grande River Drive, Palisade, CO
Join us for a long weekend in the colorful desert landscape of Western Colorado! This year, we have partnered with Gemin