Located about halfway between Glenwood Springs and Grand Junction in western Colorado, the small town of Parachute and its sister community of unincorporated Battlement Mesa are at the confluence of the Colorado River and Parachute Creek.
Though the town is not a mecca of amenities, it does have an info center.
Things to Do in Parachute:
- Fishing at Harvey Gap Reservoir and Rifle Gap Reservoir. These two reservoirs are year-round fishing waterways and produce some of Colorado’s largest bass, perch, crappie, catfish, rainbow trout, and northern pike.
- Ice climbing at Rifle Mountain Park. This park features 80-foot canyon walls and is considered the best location in the country for limestone sport climbing.
- Skiing and snowboarding at Powderhorn Resort.
- Snowmobiling on the Grand Mesa, which has over 500 square miles of winter wonderland to explore.
- Hunting and rafting are also popular in the Parachute area, and its proximity to Glenwood Springs and the famed hot springs is a draw. It’s also close to Colorado National Monument in Grand Junction.
Around Parachute, the primary lifestyle is cattle ranching, and some of the working ranches have opened themselves to visitors who want an up-close glimpse Western lifestyle.
There are two lodging choices and two dining options in town.
Dec 17Washington Park, Denver, CO
By golly, be jolly! Join us at the Ugly Christmas Sweater 5K at Denver’s Washington Park on Sunday, December 17.
Dec 23Trinidad History Museum, 312 East Main Street, Trinidad, CO
Celebrate the season with a Victorian Christmas-inspired tea party! Teas from the Trinidad Tea Company will be served al
Dec 27114 N Tejon St., #100, Colorado Springs, CO
Calling all artists and beer lovers! Join us for a Brushes and Brews class at our brewery on Dec 27 from 6:30pm to 8:30p
Dec 31Larimer Beer Hall, 2012 Larimer St., Denver, CO
NEW YEARS EVE DENVER PUB CRAWL (Sunday, December 31st) ? DENVER NYE BAR CRAWL ? ? Join over 300+ guests on our annual Ne
Dec 31 - Jan 01141 East Meadow Drive, Suite 104, Vail, CO
Prepare to step into the world of disco decadence, lights, and extravagance as we invite you to relive the iconic magic
Jan 11200 West Mountain Avenue, Fort Collins, CO
Kumar Karakheti, a Fort Collins resident and native of Nepal, will present Nepal and Himalayan Adventures at 6 pm Thursd
Jan 20123 N. College, Suite 130 Fort Collins, CO
Foods of the Winter Solstice will be presented from noon to 3 pm Saturday, Jan. 20, at The Cooking Studio Fort Collins.
Jan 202300 Steele St, Denver, CO 80205
The 9th annual Denver Preschool Showcase is a free, one-stop opportunity for Denver families to connect with numerous qu
Jan 212908 S Timberline Road, Fort Collins, CO
Please join us for a delightful one-hour family-friendly concert for the young and young at heart! This concert features