Located about halfway between Glenwood Springs and Grand Junction in western Colorado, the small town of Parachute and its sister community of unincorporated Battlement Mesa are at the confluence of the Colorado River and Parachute Creek.
Though the town is not a mecca of amenities, it does have an info center.
Things to Do in Parachute:
- Fishing at Harvey Gap Reservoir and Rifle Gap Reservoir. These two reservoirs are year-round fishing waterways and produce some of Colorado’s largest bass, perch, crappie, catfish, rainbow trout, and northern pike.
- Ice climbing at Rifle Mountain Park. This park features 80-foot canyon walls and is considered the best location in the country for limestone sport climbing.
- Skiing and snowboarding at Powderhorn Resort.
- Snowmobiling on the Grand Mesa, which has over 500 square miles of winter wonderland to explore.
- Hunting and rafting are also popular in the Parachute area, and its proximity to Glenwood Springs and the famed hot springs is a draw. It’s also close to Colorado National Monument in Grand Junction.
Around Parachute, the primary lifestyle is cattle ranching, and some of the working ranches have opened themselves to visitors who want an up-close glimpse Western lifestyle.
There are two lodging choices and two dining options in town.
Sep 3013071 Bass Pro Drive, Colorado Springs, CO
Introducing the “Boots, Buckles, and Chuckles” Night of Comedy fundraiser for Special Kids Special Families!
Sep 30Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum, 215 S Tejon St, Colorado Springs, CO
Come celebrate the 10 Year Anniversary of the Colorado Springs Marathon presented by Centura Health on Saturday, Septemb
Sep 302344 E. Iliff Ave., Denver, CO
Love in Exile features an improvisatory supergroup composed of brilliant minds Vijay Iver, Arooj Aftab and Shahzad Izmai
Oct 012501 N. Dallas St., Aurora, CO
An intriguing 60-minute Talk with Chicago-based Author, Emmy-award winning journalist, and Spiritual Humorist, Jenniffer
Oct 08Sloan’s Lake Park, 2199 Stuart St. Denver, CO
Join the movement at The Denver Walk to Defeat ALS taking place on Sunday, October 8th, 2023 at Sloan’s Lake Park, CO
Oct 111840 W. Oxford Ave, Englewood, CO
Join us on October 11, 2023, for our annual elite culinary competition featuring Denver’s talented chefs and barte
Oct 152344 E. Iliff Ave., Denver, CO
Grammy-winning rising star Samara Joy tours following the release of her newest album, Linger Awhile. Samara comes from
Oct 182908 S Timberline Road, Fort Collins, CO
Join us (if you dare) for this magical and spooktacular evening of live classical and popular Halloween favorites. From
Oct 211175 Chapel Hills Drive, Colorado Springs, CO
Fundraising event benefitting the Pikes Peak Library District