Located about halfway between Glenwood Springs and Grand Junction in western Colorado, the small town of Parachute and its sister community of unincorporated Battlement Mesa are at the confluence of the Colorado River and Parachute Creek.
Though the town is not a mecca of amenities, it does have an info center.
Things to Do in Parachute:
- Fishing at Harvey Gap Reservoir and Rifle Gap Reservoir. These two reservoirs are year-round fishing waterways and produce some of Colorado’s largest bass, perch, crappie, catfish, rainbow trout, and northern pike.
- Ice climbing at Rifle Mountain Park. This park features 80-foot canyon walls and is considered the best location in the country for limestone sport climbing.
- Skiing and snowboarding at Powderhorn Resort.
- Snowmobiling on the Grand Mesa, which has over 500 square miles of winter wonderland to explore.
- Hunting and rafting are also popular in the Parachute area, and its proximity to Glenwood Springs and the famed hot springs is a draw. It’s also close to Colorado National Monument in Grand Junction.
Around Parachute, the primary lifestyle is cattle ranching, and some of the working ranches have opened themselves to visitors who want an up-close glimpse Western lifestyle.
There are two lodging choices and two dining options in town.
Mar 034250 Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Rd, Colorado Springs, CO
Help us celebrate $5 MILLION RAISED FOR CONSERVATION! Throughout the Zoo on Sun., March 3, 2024, guests can check out in
Mar 05 - Dec 03114 N Tejon St., #100, Colorado Springs, CO
Get ready to drift, boost, and banana peel your way to victory at the Bell Brothers Beerio Kart Tournament, with prizes
Mar 102344 E. Iliff Ave., Denver, CO
Okareka Dance is one of the leading contemporary Maori (indigenous) dance companies in New Zealand. Their iconic work Ma
Mar 13Bell Brothers Brewing, 114 N Tejon St., #100, Colorado Springs, CO
Calling all artists and beer lovers! Join us for a special St. Paddy’s Brushes and Brews class at our brewery on M
Mar 14 - Mar 181 Lake Ave, Colorado Springs, CO
It won’t cost a cent to see more than $100 million of historic, rare money including a million-dollar penny, and learn
Mar 16Trinidad History Museum, 312 East Main Street, Trinidad, CO
Hands-On History Family Day By Trinidad History Museum SHARE “Spring” into sports and their history during t
Mar 161600 38th Street, Boulder, CO
Attention all good boys, and girls! Boulder Social will host their St. Patrick’s Puppy Parade on Saturday, March 1
Mar 163636 Chestnut Pl, Denver, CO
The iconic Starchild & Coco Bardot return to Ironton Distillery & Crafthouse! Join us for rowdy rounds of bingo,
Mar 16 - Mar 171941 Market St, Denver, CO
Largest St. Patrick’s Day Pub Crawl in Denver Join us for the annual St. Patrick’s Day Pub Crawl in Denver w