Things to Do at Vail Resort, Colorado
Throughout the US, Vail Resort is synonymous with the American alpine experience. Situated high up in the Gore Valley and surrounded by the White River National Forest, this community is ideally located in proximity to all the Rocky Mountains have to offer. Vail Ski Resort opened on December 15, 1962, boasting one gondola, two chair lifts, eight ski instructors, and a $5 lift ticket. Since then, this resort has become the most extensive ski area located on a single mountain in the United States and caters to skiers and snowboarders of all skill levels. Today, this area consists of three distinct communities, East Vail, Cascade Village, and West Vail. To learn more about how these communities together make a world-class resort. Additionally, neighboring Beaver Creek Resort is a stand-alone resort and community.
Access this region via Eagle County Regional Airport, just 37 miles away, or 2 hours and 15 minutes from Denver International Airport, 92 miles.
About Vail Mountain
The three base areas of the resort are Golden Peak, Vail Village, and Lionshead. During the winter season, signs with grooming reports and trail access information are posted daily at all three base areas. Trail maps for those unfamiliar with the mountain can be found at all lift ticket windows, on-mountain lodges, and throughout the base areas. Visitors should also familiarize themselves with the skier responsibility code on the trail map.
- Adventure Ridge offers excellent activities for families and kids. Tubing, ski bikes, a children’s snowmobile track, and ice skating are available.
- Home to some of the world’s best ski and snowboard instructors. Lessons are available for all levels of skiers, snowboarders, or telemark skiers. Newcomers to these activities are strongly advised to take a lesson—your knees and elbows will thank you for it later!
- The FREE PEAKS program is the best money and timesaver for multiple-day skiers and snowboarders. Contact any of the lift ticket offices to purchase. Open until 4:30 p.m. daily.
- Blue Sky Basin is one of the farthest-to-reach areas and is accessible by several lifts and trails from the front of the mountain. There are no dining options in the area, but a warming hut and bathrooms are available.
- Tired legs are dangerous. If your legs are tired, download on the Vista Bahn, Riva Bahn, or Gondola rather than taking your chances with an injury.
What’s Happening at the Resort
- Their signature events have become very popular. Features activities such as Top of Mountain Yoga, the Apres Spring Series, a Tase of Vail, GoPro Mountain Games, and more…
- Of course, there is skiing and snowboarding at Vail Mountain. World-renowned back bowls, Golden Peak, and Blue Sky Basin.
- Plenty of hiking trails. See their Hiking Guide and info about Adventure Ridge. More about gondola access hiking.
- Extensive mountain biking trails with gondola access.
- A long list of events going on in the community.
- Plan your wedding in Vail.
- Vail Dance Festival.
With a European feel, Vail Village and Lionshead Village are designed to accommodate pedestrians. Take a stroll through the villages down the heated cobblestone walkways to enjoy fire pits, sculptures, and water features. As well as its reputation as a legendary mountain town with world-class skiing, plush accommodations, fine dining, and fantastic shopping.
Vail has the Family in Mind
Consider this entre area as one giant playground for kids, families, and adults. This resort is packed with places to explore, activities, events, new adventures, and quality time to make lasting memories. Learn more about the Resorts.
Exploring Arts & Culture
Diversity of cultural and educational activities is an attraction for locals and guests. The community considers its cultural scene to be top-notch, with access to theatre, music, arts, and educational experiences that will enlighten and lift the spirit.
Vail AttractionsAfter Hours at Eagle’s Nest > Skiing and snowboarding aren’t the only fun to be had on the mountain. In the afternoon, head up to Adventure Ridge at the top of the gondola for ski-biking, tubing, snowshoe tours, bungee trampoline and more. If you are looking for a truly unique dining experience, ride the Eagle Bahn Gondola and take a short snow-cat ride to Game Creek Restaurant. Enjoy distinctive American cuisine, an extensive wine list and superior service complemented by a warm and inviting atmosphere. Off The Mountain > Be sure to explore Vail Village and Lionshead where you can shop, dine, dance and relax just steps from your accommodations. Or visit one of Vail’s many spas to rejuvenate your body and soul.
Dec 09 - Dec 101001 Arapahoe Ave., Boulder, CO
Celebrate the Holidays 休暇を楽しんでね, Demo 2:00 PM December 10, 2023, Boulder Library Canyon Auditorium We in
Dec 17Washington Park, Denver, CO
By golly, be jolly! Join us at the Ugly Christmas Sweater 5K at Denver’s Washington Park on Sunday, December 17.
Dec 23Trinidad History Museum, 312 East Main Street, Trinidad, CO
Celebrate the season with a Victorian Christmas-inspired tea party! Teas from the Trinidad Tea Company will be served al
Dec 27114 N Tejon St., #100, Colorado Springs, CO
Calling all artists and beer lovers! Join us for a Brushes and Brews class at our brewery on Dec 27 from 6:30pm to 8:30p
Dec 31Larimer Beer Hall, 2012 Larimer St., Denver, CO
NEW YEARS EVE DENVER PUB CRAWL (Sunday, December 31st) ? DENVER NYE BAR CRAWL ? ? Join over 300+ guests on our annual Ne
Dec 31 - Jan 01141 East Meadow Drive, Suite 104, Vail, CO
Prepare to step into the world of disco decadence, lights, and extravagance as we invite you to relive the iconic magic
Jan 11200 West Mountain Avenue, Fort Collins, CO
Kumar Karakheti, a Fort Collins resident and native of Nepal, will present Nepal and Himalayan Adventures at 6 pm Thursd
Jan 20123 N. College, Suite 130 Fort Collins, CO
Foods of the Winter Solstice will be presented from noon to 3 pm Saturday, Jan. 20, at The Cooking Studio Fort Collins.
Jan 202300 Steele St, Denver, CO 80205
The 9th annual Denver Preschool Showcase is a free, one-stop opportunity for Denver families to connect with numerous qu