There is a long list of summer activities in Colorado, and summer in Colorado is magical. Many now-local Coloradans will tell you that “they came for the winter but stayed for the summer.” In other words, if you think winter in Colorado is super fun, you can’t get enough of it. Well, wait until you discover all the summer activities in Colorado.
Your Passions Are Here
Colorado is definitely more than snowy mountains, long ski runs, powder snow, and dream-come-true terrain parks, but that works for many. Actually, Colorado is an amazing place year-round. Here are some interesting Colorado summer attractions:
- Colorado has more than 4,000 lakes. Some of these lakes are rather large reservoirs, while others are completely natural. Most lakes allow paddle sports, sailing, and fishing. While others include power craft, water skiing, and jet skiing.
- Colorado has 42 state parks, most of which feature a lake or large area of land—combining water sports, land recreation, and camping.
- Gold medal fishing – home to 322 miles of it.
- Colorado has more than 5,683 miles of hiking trails. Travelers come worldwide to hike the centennial state’s beautiful trails.
- Hiking is one of the most popular summer activities, with over 39,000 miles of trails to explore.
- Discover 6,821 miles of mountain biking trails. Plus, many ski areas have summer lift services for mountain bikers.
- Narrow gauge scenic train rides resulting from the Gold Rush days. These provide amazing sightseeing and an exploration of Colorado’s history.
- Off-road and Jeep tours. Another great way to explore some of Colorado’s 24,906 miles of unpaved roads and see the mountainscapes.
Colorado Summer Activities List is Long
The list of summer activities in Colorado is super long. Colorado is a place that attracts eclectic, outdoorsy type folks. If you can think of something you want to do, it’s probably happening in Colorado.
More Summer in Colorado Ideas
Suppose you need more summer activity ideas. Here are some suggestions.
Kayaking, Canoeing & SUP
Marinas & Boating
Skydiving & Hang Gliding
Nearby any of these major attractions are pro shops which will provide equipment rentals and lessons.
– Sign up to learn more about Colorado Summer Activities.
Dec 02Trinidad History Museum, 312 East Main Street, Trinidad, CO
Grab your favorite holiday cookie recipe and get ready to swap for some new treats! Bring 2-3 dozen cookies from your ch
Dec 09 - Dec 101001 Arapahoe Ave., Boulder, CO
Celebrate the Holidays 休暇を楽しんでね, Demo 2:00 PM December 10, 2023, Boulder Library Canyon Auditorium We in
Dec 17Washington Park, Denver, CO
By golly, be jolly! Join us at the Ugly Christmas Sweater 5K at Denver’s Washington Park on Sunday, December 17.
Dec 23Trinidad History Museum, 312 East Main Street, Trinidad, CO
Celebrate the season with a Victorian Christmas-inspired tea party! Teas from the Trinidad Tea Company will be served al
Dec 27114 N Tejon St., #100, Colorado Springs, CO
Calling all artists and beer lovers! Join us for a Brushes and Brews class at our brewery on Dec 27 from 6:30pm to 8:30p
Dec 31Larimer Beer Hall, 2012 Larimer St., Denver, CO
NEW YEARS EVE DENVER PUB CRAWL (Sunday, December 31st) ? DENVER NYE BAR CRAWL ? ? Join over 300+ guests on our annual Ne
Dec 31 - Jan 01141 East Meadow Drive, Suite 104, Vail, CO
Prepare to step into the world of disco decadence, lights, and extravagance as we invite you to relive the iconic magic
Jan 20123 N. College, Suite 130 Fort Collins, CO
Foods of the Winter Solstice will be presented from noon to 3 pm Saturday, Jan. 20, at The Cooking Studio Fort Collins.
Jan 212908 S Timberline Road, Fort Collins, CO
Please join us for a delightful one-hour family-friendly concert for the young and young at heart! This concert features