12 Ways to Celebrate New Year’s Eve in Colorado
New Year's Eve Colorado StyleNew Year’s Eve in Colorado means adventuring in the mountains, dancing to live music, celebrating with family, and party-hopping in the city—Colorado hosts many different ways (and then some!) to ring in the New Year. Check out our recommendation for celebrating New Year's Eve in Colorado.
Here are 12 New Year’s Eve destinations across the state to help you usher in the new year.
1. New Year’s Eve in BoulderCelebrate the Hotel Boulderado’s 112th anniversary at Carnevale di Boulderado, an all-evening event that includes a buffet dinner, snacks, live music and spectacular carnival performers, plenty of delicious cocktails, and party favors. You can dance the night away under the glass canopy of the hotel mezzanine, make memories with friends and loved ones in the photo booth, and ring in the new year in style with a midnight balloon drop and complimentary champagne toast. Boulder is famous for its variety of Balls and New Year's Eve parties going on, see the complete list.
2. New Year’s Eve in AspenDon't miss the bonfire and DJ in Wagner park from 6 pm to 9 pm followed by New Year's Eve fireworks over Aspen Mountain starting at 8 pm. Join in on the "Trach the Past" party, a virtual "let it go" celebration to release the past and embrace the New Year. Find more info and tickets for all parties. Ring in New Year's Eve at the Bad Harriet Bash with curated cocktails, chef-prepared bites, rocking beats, and a special champagne toast at midnight. Light it Up this NYE with a LIVE performance by the New York electropop duo, The Knocks! A New York City-based electronic music institution. Dance the last night away with award-winning artist Diplo.
3. Cañon CityGet on board for the New Year’s Eve Dinner train with the Royal Gorge Route Railroad. Sip wine between gourmet courses, head to the open-air car for views of the Colorado night sky and the stunning surrounding Royal Gorge, and savor prix fixe, three-course First Class Dinner Menu entrees made with fresh Colorado ingredients, which can be paired with local beer, wine, or specialty holiday cocktails.
6. New Year’s Eve in DenverSpending New Year’s Eve in the city? You’ll have a smorgasbord of soirees, concerts and special events to choose from. View fireworks over the 16th Street Mall at 9 p.m. and midnight and check out the magicians, mascots, balloon artists, stilt walkers, comedians, and more downtown. Have little ones? Visit the Children’s Museum for their Noon Year's Eve in Times Square glittery ball drop, rainbows of confetti, and huge sheets of bubble wrap (the museum's version of fireworks) for kids to stomp on — all before bedtime! The Denver Zoo offers a similar celebration with a 9 p.m. countdown and children’s activities. Find all Denver's New Year's celebrations.
7. New Year’s Eve in Estes ParkSpend the day playing and snowshoeing in Rocky Mountain National Park and then ring in the New Year with special celebration menus at Estes Park restaurants and parties with live music, DJs and champagne throughout the village. Go all out at The Stanley Hotel’s New Year’s Eve Crystal Ball with live music, cocktails, complimentary beer or wine, hors d’oeuvres, and a champagne toast.
8. EvergreenSkate the lake in Evergreen, come celebrate the 25th New Year's Eve Skate the Lake party, a family-friendly, alcohol-free New Year’s tradition that brings groups to Evergreen Lake to twirl on ice under the stars. Festivities begin at 3 pm to 8 pm, a laser light show starts at 7 pm, food trucks, fire pits, and fun for all. Ice skate rentals are available at the lake location.
9 . Fort CollinsFort Collins has a gamut of New Years' celebrations, including an Umphrey McGee, a recollection of The Grateful Dead's Shakedown Street. Or, check out The Magic Rat, a New Orleans vibe delivering some true southern magic. Pull out your flapper dress for some roaring 20's fun at the Bar Louie. Plus several dining experiences are to be had.
10. Grand JunctionPlenty of parties and events happening in Grand Junction including The Dueling Pianos, or swing to the New Year EDM Party. The High Desert Opera will be hosting a New Year's Eve show, Nunsense. If staying fit over the holidays is more your style, sign up for the CRC Kickstart Fun Run starting at 9 am.
11. KeystoneSpending New Year’s Eve in Summit County? Head to Keystone for a full day of kids’ activities (think crafts, face painting, scavenger hunts on the hill and in the village, family cookie decorating, a village parade, a Torch Light Parade on Dercum Mountain (visible from River Run Village) and firework shows in Lakeside Village. Consider a diner sleigh ride, live music, and warm drinks either in Frisco or at the Keystone Resort.
12. TellurideVisit Telluride Ski Resort for their New Year’s Eve Torchlight Parade and Fireworks. Gather in town and watch ski school instructors schuss down Coonskin, Telluride Trail, and into Mountain Village with fiery red torchlights, followed by an epic display of fireworks that will light up the night sky.
New Year’s Eve in Colorado is Big TimeThe Sheridan Arts Foundation presents our New Year's Eve Galaxy Gala with Yonder Mountain String Band at the historic Sheridan Opera House on Saturday, starting at 10 p.m. Tickets include a glass of champagne, party favors, and a ballroom drop. Balcony seats get the same plus hors d'oeuvres and an open bar.
by Emily Krempholtz