A Colorado Valentine’s Day
A Special Valentine’s Day in Colorado
Valentine’s day, is that special day to show that special person how much you care about them. Or let the people around you know how much they mean to you. It’s that time of year to express your passionate or grateful feelings with a show of gratitude. In Colorado, it's easy to find together time and activities that enable spending some extra time with those special people. Consider a Colorado getaway if you are looking for unique places to visit.
In Colorado, spending time with your favorite person on Valentine's Day can be done in various ways.
Start your Valentine's Day with heart-shaped pancakes, or at least as heart-shaped as you can make them. Then top off your coffee or tea with some chocolate kisses. In Colorado, February usually brings a little warmer weather; there’s no better time to bask in the morning sunshine than on Valentine’s day. While you’re enjoying the moment, that’s a perfect time to discuss the day’s activities ahead.
- Plan a ski date. That can be at any one of Colorado’s resorts, either alpine skiing, snowboarding, or cross-country skiing. In any case, if you’re not going at the same speed, try mixing it up. Go out for a cross-country tour together.
- Get your heart pumping with a snowshoe tour. Snowshoeing or cross-country skiing can take you into more pristine and private Colorado country. With so much access to National Forests and State Parks, you will undoubtedly be able to find some untouched serenity. Enjoy the sparkle of the snow as the sun shines through, and admire the snow-laid pine forest.
- Take a Stroll through the resort town. Wander around the shops and get a feel for what something special looks like. Take a walk on your favorite path along the river. Look for signs of spring and smell the nearby coffee shops and restaurants getting ready for the day ahead.
- Take a snowcat tour, go for a sleigh ride, sign up for a dog sled adventure, or take a backcountry buggy tour. With a little looking around, you will discover many ways to spend some exhilarating time together.
- Sign up for a scenic train ride. The narrow gauge trains usually have something special going on for holidays.
- Feel special with an afternoon at the spa or visit one of Colorado’s many natural hot springs. Couples massages are popular. Meet with the therapist, discuss your relaxation goals, and spend time in the hot tub or natural hot springs together. Relax in the lounge while you tune in with the experience.
- Check-in with local events. There is always a variety of events going on in any of Colorado’s resort towns. You will find concerts, bands playing at local bars, lectures, art exhibits, and more. Spending some time out and about will spruce up your special day.
- Time for a warm drink of your favorite tea or hot tottie. Dinner plans on Valentine's Day can be the most memorable occasion of the day. You can present the Valentine’s Day card or exchange a gift. Perhaps you already have reservations at a favorite restaurant or maybe you’ll be leaving that up to the moment.
- In Colorado’s resort towns, there are plenty of exquisite places to dine. Perhaps an elegant experience is what you're after. Or, keep it simple by spending an evening at a local pub.
- Stay home and have a gourmet dinner cooked for you. Most resort towns offer in-home chef services or catered meals. Make the most out of your ski chalet or condominium with a home-cooked romantic dinner.
Colorado Makes Valentine's Day Extra Special
Valentine’s Day In Colorado is especially special. The natural beauty of Colorado’s mountain scapes, the quaint resort town experience, and the endless selection of entertainment and activities make having a special day easy. If you’re planning your vacation over this romantic holiday, how marvelous your time will be.
by Kathleen Fitzsimmons