Travel to Cañon City, Colorado
Tucked into the folds and bluffs of the Arkansas Valley in south central Colorado, Cañon City boasts the nickname of “The Climate Capital of Colorado” due to the mild climate. The relaxed pace of the region’s quaint small towns, spectacular scenery, year-round outdoor activities, The Royal Gorge Park & Bridge and The Arkansas River, which flows through the region, make this the perfect vacation destination. Request a FREE Vacation Guide.
Favorite Things to do in Cañon City and the Royal Gorge Region
- Royal Gorge Bridge and Park – a must-see and do experience. Cross America’s highest suspension bridge and participate in the other features offered at the park.
- Whitewater rafting through the Royal Gorge Canyon – a very popular way to see and experience all the wonders of the Royal Gorge Canyon and the Arkansas River.
- Jeep Tours – The Royal Gorge Region is an amazing place to travel through. Featuring a high alpine desert landscape and a plethora of off-road routes.
- Royal Gorge Scenic Train – climb onboard the original transcontinental passenger train from the early 1900s.
- The Winery at Holy Cross Abbey – voted “Best Front Range Tasting Room” by Colorado Vine. The wine-tasting room is open daily.
- Mountain Biking & Hiking – are understated activities but many exceptional miles of trails await.
About Cañon City Activities and Regional Attractions
Family fun starts with a memorable ride on the Royal Gorge Route Railroad, one of the most scenic train rides in the world. The historic tracks follow the Arkansas River through the Royal Gorge Canyon with views of the bridge from below. The whole family will enjoy exploring the unique rock formations and historic dinosaur sites. Leisure seekers will delight in the one-of-a-kind galleries, renowned antiquing, wine tasting, golfing, and fishing.
Cañon City is home to The Royal Gorge, which has a width of 50 feet at the base of the gorge and a few hundred feet at its top, with a depth of 1,200 feet, the 10-mile-long canyon is a stunning natural wonder. In 1929 one of the world’s highest suspension bridges was built over the grand gorge. The Royal Gorge Bridge has a quarter-mile long span and hangs 1,053 feet above the gorge. The bridge is one of Colorado’s most popular attractions.
Sep 3013071 Bass Pro Drive, Colorado Springs, CO
Introducing the “Boots, Buckles, and Chuckles” Night of Comedy fundraiser for Special Kids Special Families!
Sep 30Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum, 215 S Tejon St, Colorado Springs, CO
Come celebrate the 10 Year Anniversary of the Colorado Springs Marathon presented by Centura Health on Saturday, Septemb
Sep 302344 E. Iliff Ave., Denver, CO
Love in Exile features an improvisatory supergroup composed of brilliant minds Vijay Iver, Arooj Aftab and Shahzad Izmai
Oct 012501 N. Dallas St., Aurora, CO
An intriguing 60-minute Talk with Chicago-based Author, Emmy-award winning journalist, and Spiritual Humorist, Jenniffer
Oct 08Sloan’s Lake Park, 2199 Stuart St. Denver, CO
Join the movement at The Denver Walk to Defeat ALS taking place on Sunday, October 8th, 2023 at Sloan’s Lake Park, CO
Oct 111840 W. Oxford Ave, Englewood, CO
Join us on October 11, 2023, for our annual elite culinary competition featuring Denver’s talented chefs and barte
Oct 152344 E. Iliff Ave., Denver, CO
Grammy-winning rising star Samara Joy tours following the release of her newest album, Linger Awhile. Samara comes from
Oct 182908 S Timberline Road, Fort Collins, CO
Join us (if you dare) for this magical and spooktacular evening of live classical and popular Halloween favorites. From
Oct 211175 Chapel Hills Drive, Colorado Springs, CO
Fundraising event benefitting the Pikes Peak Library District