Ridgeway State Park
28555 Highway 550, Ridgeway, CO. 81432 (MAP) – Western Slope State Park – fees & reservations
About Ridgeway Park
Ridgway Park is among the most beautiful parks in the state, with the jagged peaks of the San Juan Mountains as a backdrop and the lush Uncompahgre River Valley all around. The park is located just outside of Ridgeway and 14 miles north of Ouray. Admiring the view is just one of the many popular attractions here.
Ridgeway State Park Activities
The waters of Ridgway Reservoir offer sailing and boating of all kinds, as well as swimming and water skiing. Anglers can try their luck for rainbow trout, brown trout, and splake in the reservoir and ponds or fly fish along the Uncompahgre River. Snagging Kokanee Salmon in the fall is also an option. Wildlife viewing is outstanding. Visitors might see deer, elk, golden and bald eagles, osprey, foxes, marmots, and even the occasional mink. More than 140 species of birds have been recorded here at Ridgway State Park. Hikers, bikers, and strollers can explore 14 miles of trails winding through the park. Camping here is a special experience. Choices at the three campgrounds include full-hookup RV sites, electrical sites, and tents-only areas, many with elevated tent pads. There are even three heated yurts! — Back to All State Parks.
Focus Activities at Ridgeway
- Camping - visitors center, basic campsites, heated yurts, year-round electricity, events facility, full hookups, dump station, laundry, showers, water
- Boating - marina, boat ramps, boat rentals, mooring docking, jet & water skiing, sail, paddle sports
- Hiking & biking
- Picnic sites
- Fishing - fish cleaning station, ice fishing
- Ranger and nature programs
- Wildlife and bird watching
- Cross-country skiing & snowshoeing, snow tubing
- Ice skating